quarta-feira, 4 de fevereiro de 2009

Hino à VIDA!

I used to rule the world; Seas would rise when I gave the word; Now in the morning I sweep alone; Sweep the streets I used to own; I used to roll the dice; Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes Listen as the crowd would sing: "Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"; One minute I held the key; Next the walls were closed on me; And I discovered that my castles stand; Upon pillars of sand, pillars of sand; I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing; Roman Cavalry choirs are singing; Be my mirror my sword and shield; My missionaries in a foreign field; For some reason I can not explain; Once you know there was never, never an honest word; That was when I ruled the world; (Ohhh); It was the wicked and wild wind; Blew down the doors to let me in.; Shattered windows and the sound of drums; People could not believe what I'd become; Revolutionaries Wait; For my head on a silver plate; Just a puppet on a lonely string; Oh who would ever want to be king?; I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing; Roman Cavalry choirs are singing; Be my mirror my sword and shield; My missionaries in a foreign field; For some reason I can not explain; I know Saint Peter will call my name; Never an honest word; And that was when I ruled the world; (Ohhhhh Ohhh Ohhh); Hear Jerusalem bells are ringings; Roman Cavalry choirs are singing; Be my mirror my sword and shield; My missionaries in a foreign field; For some reason I can not explain; I know Saint Peter will call my name; Never an honest word; But that was when I ruled the world; Oooooh Oooooh Oooooh"
Tradução:
Eu costumava reger o mundo; Mares se agitavam ao meu comando; Agora, pela manhã, me arrasto sozinho; Varrendo as ruas que costumava mandar; Eu costumava jogar os dados; Sentia o medo no olhos dos meus inimigos; Ouvia como o povo cantava: "Agora o velho rei está morto! Vida longa ao rei!"; Por um minuto segurei a chave; Próximo as paredes que se fechavam pra mim; E percebei que meu castelo estava erguido; Sobre pilares de sal e pilares de areia; Eu ouço os sinos de Jerusalém tocando; Os corais da cavalaria romana cantando; Seja meu espelho, minha espada e escudo; Meu missionário em uma terra estrangeira; Por um motivo que eu não sei explicar; Quando você se foi não havia; Não havia uma palavra honesta; Era assim, quando eu regia o mundo; Foi o terrível e selvagem vento; Que derrubou as portas para que eu entrasse; Janelas destruídas e o som de tambores; O povo não poderia acreditar no que me tornei; Revolucionários esperam; Pela minha cabeça em uma bandeja de prata; Apenas uma marionete em uma solitária corda; Oh, quem realmente ia querer ser rei?; Eu ouço os sinos de Jerusalém tocando; Os corais da cavalaria romana cantando; Seja meu espelho, minha espada e escudo; Meu missionário em uma terra estrangeira; Por um motivo que eu não sei explicar; Eu sei que São Pedro não chamará meu nome; Nunca uma palavra honesta; Mas, isso foi quando eu regia o mundo.
Viva La Vida! - Coldplay

Sem comentários: